Monday, March 27, 2006

Today, Nostalgia

I wish I lived in Rothesay now, to walk along the shore
To get some inspiration for a poem or maybe more.
I'd walk both ways . to Bannatyne and back... Then Craigmore Pier,
I used to do it every week, before I came down here.

The air is not so Scottish fresh, it has a cold damp breeze.
Sometimes it suffocates me, almost brings me to my knees.
Although we have a river here, It's murky every day.
And often I would give my all to cycle by Rothesay bay.

I don't suppose I should complain, this town is nice enough.
The people are friendly and polite, but lack the Scottish stuff
The Scots are made of,.. and I miss the food we had at home-
Scotch broth, and clootie dumplings, and high tea with home made scones.

How I would love to visit the Victoria Hotel.
On every second Tuesday, ( Friday, saturday as well!)
And sit until the gate goes up, until the barmen say.
@ I want everybody out right now, but the Writers Group can stay.'

This isn't very humorous, in fact it's almost sad.
When I looked into my fun recess, I found this was all I had,
I don't admit this often, but in honesty I say.
I still miss my friends, and I miss the sight of dear old Rothesay Bay.

From Terry Orr.

Copyright reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home