Tuesday, March 28, 2006

greenthumb

To Greenthumb Lawn Specialists.

You came to do my garden, I thank you very much.
The treatment you bestowed on it has had a Midas touch.
The grass now green, the weeds all gone, it really was a mess.!
The years of wind and rain - neglect - all took their toll I guess.

No Dandelions, Buttercups, or Speedwell now appear,
All gone to weedless heaven now, and won't come back next year.
And yet and yet, I must admit, I'll miss the Clover hues,
The purples, whites, the deep deep red, and brightly coloured blues.

Now all are gone, I mow the lawn with some elated pride.
Yes, so much so, I may even buy a mower on which to ride.!
Well you know the saying, it goes like this, ' if you have it why not flaunt it'?
That goes right now for the beautiful lawn I mow each week undaunted.

So thank you for the wonder you've created in my garden,
It needs no moisturising creams from Lauder or Liz Arden.
It holds it's luscious green head high, embraces every day.
And one and all admire it as they pass along this way.

'Greenthumb is the bestest best' I'll tell just everyone.
'If you want green and weedless grass on which to play, have fun.
Just phone this number, and very soon you'll think you live in Heaven.
Phone number 0162 8 52 52 27.!!

Mine is now a ' Green and Pleasant Place.'

From Terry Orr

Copyright reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home